MANY PEOPLE will work as hard as possible today so that they can work less on something else in the future. This is a good reason to consider building a virtual team that will become a vital part of the office team and, ultimately, boost your practice’s success.
With the advent of artificial intelligence (AI), practitioners are able find ways to streamline practice-related tasks. While AI still has some intelligence to learn, which is an ongoing process, it can be quite useful. Digital marketing is one example of how it can be used to grow a practice.
HOW TO START
Ask AI which contact lens searches are the most common. This will reveal what topics patients are curious about. Next, copy those topics to your browser and search for them. Does your practice come up as a top-searched location? If not, here’s a strategy to increase your search position.
Then, based on the most commonly searched topics, create a blog post that can be posted to the practice website.
Ask AI to help construct the blog for you. Make sure to use prompts to get what you are looking for. As an example: “I am writing a blog post to increase search engine optimization (SEO) for my business. I need a blog that is 250 words long and has several key words regarding “My Community” (town or city where your practice is located). The topic is: “Best contact lenses for dry eye.” Be sure to adhere to the platform/company’s policy on using AI for content creation.
Once you have the blog post, make sure to do some editing so that it matches up with your clinical perspectives, then reinput the edited blog post into AI and ask it to rewrite the blog post, using key words to maximize SEO for your website.
After you have the final edit, consider working with an SEO company. While posting a blog that you just wrote is helpful, an SEO company can help add metatags, internal and external links, structural data, and other components that will increase the search capabilities. AI can create many of these things as well, but you still need to know and understand the backend of search as you are creating things to maximize the search capabilities. If you do understand this, simply input the blog post back into the AI system and ask it to create metatags for you. Assuming you know the backend of your website, everything can then be cut and pasted into it.
A PIECE OF THE MARKETING PUZZLE
While AI may not be the answer to everything regarding the practice, it can be used in very meaningful ways for your marketing, especially to draw interested contact lens patients into the practice.
Here is an example of a metatag layout given by AI for a blog post:
1. Title Tag
• My Community’s Best Contact Lenses for Dry Eyes | Expert Recommendations
2. Meta Description
• Discover the top contact lenses for dry eyes in My Community’s unique climate. Our expert recommendations ensure all-day comfort and clarity. Say goodbye to discomfort today!
• Contact lenses for dry eyes
• Best contact lenses for dry eyes in My Community
• Dry eye relief recommendations and guidance
• Comfortable contact lenses for My Community residents
• My Community eye care
• Eye health in My Community
• Best eyecare solutions in My Community
5. Header Tags
• <h1>: Finding Relief: The Best Contact Lenses for Dry Eyes in My Community
• <h2>: My Community’s Unique Climate and Dry Eyes
• <h2>: Top Picks for Dry Eye Relief
6. Canonical Tag
• <link rel=”canonical” href=”[URL of the blog post]”>